New at MP2K Magazine, 4/12/2012
Forum Highlights, Programming Challenge, April 2012 POI Megafile, MPMileCharter Example: Finding only the Three Closest Stores to each Customer, Using ImportData and DisplayDataMap, The ImportData Method, Introducing DisplayDataMap, and DisplayDataMap Parameters
Issue’s Contents at a Glance
- Location Intelligence for Enterprise USA, June 14-15, Chicago
- Recent Forum Highlights
- MapForums Programming Challenge!
- April 2012 POI Megafile from the Streets & Trips Team Blog
- Get Published in MP2K Magazine
- MPMileCharter Example: Finding only the Three Closest Stores to each Customer
- Using ImportData and DisplayDataMap Part 1 – The ImportData Method
- Using ImportData and DisplayDataMap Part 2 – Introducing DisplayDataMap
- Using ImportData and DisplayDataMap Part 3 – DisplayDataMap Parameters
- Using Python to call ImportData and DisplayDataMap
Tags: DisplayDataMap Method·DisplayDataMap Parameters·Location Intelligence·MapPoint Forums·MapPoint ImportData·POI Megafile·Streets & Trips Team Blog
Get access to dozens of tools for automating MapPoint and performing advanced tasks.
Full source code included. Macros can be freely modified and incorporated into your own systems. Tools do not expire.
Upgrade now and get immediate access to all the tools listed above as well as updates and new tools posted in the coming year.
Upgrade your MapForums account and upgrade your MapPoint Experience!
Tags: drawing circles·drivetime zones·extracting coordinates·geocode addresses·mapki·MapPoint·MapPoint 2011·mappoint tools·routing tool
MapPoint 2011 North America was recently announced in an MP2K Magazine Update Special Issue — MapPoint 2011 News
More information and to purchase can be found here — MapPoint 2011
MapPoint 2011 North America contains an updated street database with over 88,000 new streets for better geocoding and navigation.
Tags: MapPoint·MapPoint 2011·mappoint 2011 download·microsoft mappoint
A new MP2Kmag Newsletter was published last week.
This Issue’s Contents at a Glance
- MapPoint and Visual Studio 2010 Tutorial
- Using the New Windows 7 Location API
- Using MapCruncher with Google Maps
- Making MapPoint and SQL Server Work Together
- MapPoint Addins and Extensions – Nominate Your Favorite!
- Maps Created with MapPoint 2010 and ESRI BusinessMap 5.0 Side-by-
- Get Published in MP2K Magazine
Tags: businessmap·mappoint news·mp2kmag·visual studio
To match Microsoft’s store price and some other online retailers we have lowered the price to $219.
In fact, I think we’re now lower than the MS store price and about $20 less than Amazon.
When you consider the free shipping and 1 year access to all the MapForums Downloads, I think we have by the far the best deal.
Order using the link on the right.
Tags: MapPoint 2010·mappoint europe·mappoint north america
We now have MapPoint 2010 available on a Flash drive for customers who do not have a DVD drive or access to one. Typically if a customer does not have a DVD drive and needs to install MapPoint 2010, I will tell them to go to a computer with a DVD and either copy the DVD contents to a shared network drive or to a 2GB+ USB Flash drive and usually this works, but I anticipate there will be people who would prefer to just receive it on a Flash drive in the mail from us so they don’t have to go through the hassle of tracking down another computer with a DVD drive, etc. Typically we will request $10 ($5 for the USB Flash drive and $5 for USPS Priority shipping) to send this to a customer. If you haven’t ordered yet and know you would like this, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your special request.
Tags: mappoint usb·usb flash
The announcement of MapPoint 2010 was mentioned on Slashgeo a couple days ago…
“New features include map settings to choose display details, expanded pushpins, and the ability to send routes to your GPS device. This release is fairly significant, so as I normally do, I figured it would be wise to step through some of the new features for you”
Tags: MapPoint 2010·mappoint 2010 release·slashgeo